Apollo is pleased to announce the publication of our 14th Annual Sustainability Report, “Investing in Tomorrow, Today.”
For the first time, Apollo is reporting in alignment with the recommendations of the Sustainable Accounting Standards Board (“SASB”). The report is also informed by recognized reporting frameworks including the Global Reporting Index (“GRI”), the UN Sustainable Development Goals (“UN SDGs”), and the Task Force on Climate Related Financial Disclosures (“TCFD”).
The report includes notable highlights from 2022 and milestones for Apollo’s sustainability program, including:
- Deploying $6B in clean energy and climate investments across asset classes, furthering progress toward our $50B target(i).
- Achieving more than $1B in direct and indirect spending with diverse suppliers across Apollo-managed funds’ Private Equity portfolio.
- Completing 12,680 hours of employee volunteer service to support community partners, nonprofit organizations, and other philanthropic causes.
- Awarding nearly $3M in grants to 11 nonprofit organizations working to expand opportunity through the Apollo Opportunity Foundation.
- Expanding the breadth of our ESG due diligence for investments by:
- Building and deploying enhanced carbon assessment frameworks and ESG value creation playbooks for Private Equity;
- Developing sector-specific ESG and impact assessment frameworks for Credit; and,
- Elevating our ESG data infrastructure and capabilities.
The report also provides a comprehensive overview of Apollo’s sustainability strategy and highlights the firm’s integrated platform, extensive investment knowledge, longstanding leadership in ESG data collection and reporting, and strategic approach to drive returns and success for the company and its stakeholders.
Read Apollo’s 14thannual sustainability report and ESG Reporting Supplement.
(i) Achieved by and a target of Apollo-managed funds.